Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Big Mountain Montana/recent email from former Colorado Academy student of Taps


I am graduate of CA 1975. While going to school at Montana State University, my roommate 's dad was part of the 10th Mountain Division. He and a couple other guys started Big Mountain Ski Area in Whitefish Montana, after WW II. Anyway to make a long story short I was at their house in Whitefish in about 1978, his father had just passed away. We were going through picture's and wouldn't you know it there was a several pictures of Tap. I found out he was instrumental in the development of Big Mountain in the 50's. I was amazed. He was instrumental in me making my first bow and arrow and taking me on a rabbit hunting trip when I was in about 9or10. I don't expect Tap to remember me but he also helped save me when a terrible accident at CA befell me and Tap helped out. He also helped me build my first cutting board in shop. It got stolen and he helped me build another in a matter of a couple of days. I gave it to my parents for x-mas and we still have it today 40 years later. I always thought he was a great teacher and I always remember him being one of my favorite people.

No comments: